It is strongly advised that you never reuse your passwords and ideally use a password manager such as LastPass to keep your passwords secure and organised for both work and personal accounts. Even so, it is good practice to change your passwords every so often. Here is how you change your Windows 10 password.
Depending on what version of Windows 10 you are using the instructions below may slightly vary. These instructions are for Windows 10 Anniversary Version.
- Click the Start Button
- Next, click the Settings icon (looks like a gear or cog)
- Now click the Accounts icon
- Then click Sign-in options
- And finally click Change under the Password section
- Follow the onscreen instruction to change your Windows 10 password